You’ll get so many new ideas, tips, and solutions to problems.
When you leave the Advisors Conference, you will be armed with specific ideas and best practices to quickly and dramatically help your students improve their Student Government and to become a better advisor to them this upcoming year.
Attending the Advisors Conference will help you learn the role of an advisor, what expectations you should have for your SG officers, as well as very practical tips on how to improve your SG in the upcoming year.
Download the “Why Attend an ASGA Conference?” flier.
- Learn how to recruit new members for your SG
- Learn how to retain current SG members
- Find out how to get publicity for your SG’s activities, programs, and events
- Master parliamentary procedure so you can serve as a resource to your students and make your SG meetings more efficient
- Examine the true role of an SG advisor
- Learn about expectations; what yours should be, how much time you should commit, and how to balance those with the expectations of your students
- Learn how to set up infrastructure so transitioning between leaders will be smoother
- Learn about the appropriate structure of Student Governments at schools like yours
- Learn how to balance the role of advisor with the role of college/university employee
- Learn how the American Student Government Association can be a resource to you and your students
If you need help with something that’s not on this list, book a free private consulting hour with one of the Student Government experts. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.