Improve your skills as an SG advisor and network with peers in beautiful Florida.
Enjoy a sunny weekend in Orlando, Florida with other like-minded professionals who understand the importance of maximizing the productivity of their Student Governments.
We know you walk a delicate line when determining just how much to assert yourself into the process of “student governance.” We want to connect you with each other and help you learn from some of the nation’s most experienced Student Government advisors and trainers. Join us, as we offer workshops to share in-depth research and planned networking time to help you learn from advisors at schools just like yours.
Any Student Government advisor from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
2020 Advisors Conference features
- Learn how to recruit new members for your SG
- Learn how to retain members
- Find out how to get publicity for your SG’s activities, programs, and events
- Master parliamentary procedure so you can serve as a resource to your students and make your SG meetings more efficient
- Discuss and examine the true role of an SG advisor
- Dissect the critical element of expectations; what yours should be, how much time you should commit, and how to balance those with the expectations of your students
- Learn how the American Student Government Association can be a resource to you and your students
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from across the nation, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that Orlando has to offer
- Personal attention from ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Friday, July 17, 2020.
Note: By registering for the Advisors conference, you can attend Saturday’s New Officers & Members Conference for free.
What is the conference location?
The conference is being held at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, 13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
As low as $229 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $329 for non-members (Register by May 8, 2020 for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The Advisors Conference is one of the largest Student Government-related conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 60 advisors from 50 institutions in 20 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch from Applebee’s on Friday
- Free buffet breakfast on Friday morning
- Free coffee break on Friday morning
- Free ASGA Loves Advisors reception with open bar and finger-foods Friday evening
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from Clothowear.com (valued at $15 each)
- Advisors Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team